WPI Strategy to act as secretariat for COVID Recovery Commission
WPI Strategy is delighted to announce that we are acting as the Secretariat for the COVID Recovery Commission, a new group composed of cross-sector chief executives and entrepreneurs. The Commission, which is independent of government, will primarily consider how the pandemic has impacted the ‘levelling up’ agenda. It will consider the role of business and government in delivering the kind of jobs and opportunities that will boost peoples’ life chances.
The aim of the new group is to produce bold and practical policy ideas over the coming months to support higher productivity levels, encourage business investment right across the UK (domestic and foreign) and promote a culture of innovation over the next five years and beyond.
John Allan CBE, Chair of Tesco, Barratt and Imperial College London Council, will Chair the Commission. The other Commissioners are:
· Manoj Badale, Co-founder and Joint Managing Partner, Blenheim Chalcot and Chairman of the British Asian Trust
· Ruth Cairnie, Chair, Babcock
· Ian Funnell, CEO UK and Ireland, Hitachi ABB Power Grids
· Chris Grigg, CEO, British Land
· John Holland-Kaye, CEO, Heathrow Airport
· Nick Jeffery, CEO, Vodafone UK
· Tom Keith-Roach, UK President, Astra Zeneca
· Sinead Lynch, Chair, Shell UK
Our economics team will produce the analysis for the Commission, and we will be working with other businesses, trade bodies and civic leaders to come up with ideas to help the UK economy emerge stronger, fairer and more resilient.
If you would like to understand more please contact Nick Faith on email@example.com
Please find the press release here.